We are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, or our practices with regards to information we collect from or about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents should review our CCPA Privacy Notice, for additional rights that apply to California residents. Please note that terms used on this page may differ in meaning when used in our CCPA Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways. For example, you may provide personal information directly to us, we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of the Websites, or we may obtain information about you from third-parties who are acting on our behalf.
Information You Provide to Us
When you interact with us through our Websites, we may collect or receive information about you. For example, you provide information to us when you register for access to our special reports, podcasts, webinars, etc., when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our wealth management services or when you browse any of our Websites.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Websites. Some of the information you provide to us is “personal information.” The personal information that we collect from you depends on the context of your interaction with us and our Websites, the choices you make when you use our Websites and the materials you request. The personal information we collect or receive may, for example, include the following:
- Job title
- Telephone or fax number
- Email address
- Webpages visited during your visit or visits to our Websites
- Content requested via our Websites
- Financial information that you choose to provide
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Websites and services related to our Websites like when you visit our web pages, open our emails or otherwise use the services and content related to our Websites, we automatically collect certain information about you. Automatically collected information may, for example, include the following:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- The domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Your Internet Protocol address or mobile device identifier.
- Information about the content you view and the features you access through or from our Websites, including your activity and behavior on our Websites.
- Information regarding when you visited our Websites, including information regarding the duration of your engagement with certain aspects of our Websites.
This data may be combined and linked with data from other sources.
Use of Third-Party Cookies
To learn more about the types of cookies and tracking technologies that our Websites use, please see Online Tracking & Advertising information below.
To manage and disable certain cookies and tracking technologies, click here.
How We Use Information
- To operate and provide our Websites’ services to you, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us with information.
- To deliver the information, products or services you have requested from us.
- To create and share aggregate statistics and reports regarding visitors to our Websites and recipients of emails containing request materials and information.
- To deliver and target advertising to you, including personalized advertisements.
- To reach out to you about and promote new information, products or services to you that we believe you may be interested in.
- To help us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognize you when you use our Websites.
- With respect to information collected in connection with our online forums and communities, to provide an interactive experience and facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs or services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Adviser Investments, including for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, property, our employees or agents, or other users or to comply with applicable law.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
We may share the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows:
- We may share your information with our service providers, business partners and vendors on which we rely, for example, to assist us in responding to requests you make of us through our Websites or related email correspondence. These third parties use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted.
- We may share your information, including information that is combined with outside records, with third parties who provide services to us, such as direct marketing services, in order to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you.
- The providers of the cookies—and other tracking technologies—used on our Websites generally receive the information collected through these cookies. These providers may use this data for their own purposes.
- When you make requests through our Websites, we will share your information to the extent necessary to fulfill your request.
- We will disclose information we collect about you when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
In addition, please note that if Adviser Investments or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, the relevant customer database, including personal information we may possess about you, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
Online Tracking and Advertising
- Provide us with information about which portions of our Websites and applications are the most popular by enabling us to see what web pages a user visits and how much time a user spends on each page.
- Personalize your experience on our Websites.
- Help us understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access our Websites.
Categories of Cookies Used on Our Websites
Below we list the different types of cookies that may be used on our Websites.
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies enable you to navigate our Websites and to use their features. These cookies are necessary for each of our Websites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the particular website may not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Websites. They help us to know which pages are popular and see how visitors move around our Websites. If you do not allow these cookies, we will be less able to optimize our Websites’ performance. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous.
Targeting Cookies. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. These cookies do not directly store personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate similar to cookies because they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences; however, they cannot be managed in the same way as cookies. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, see http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
HTML 5. HTML5, the language some websites are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about how you use our Websites. This information may be retrieved by us to help us manage our Websites, and may give us information about how our Websites are being used by our visitors, how they can be improved, and how we can customize our Websites for users.
Cache Cookies. Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited our Websites in the past.
Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information. Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Some mobile device IDs are permanent, while others may be changed by accessing the device’s privacy settings. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Websites, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, as well as other information about your device, including without limitation, your wireless carrier, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device, the names, package IDs and versions of other software you have downloaded to your device and information about how you interact with and navigate within our Websites.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and may allow us to relate your use of our Websites to other information about you, including your usage information and personal information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times and combine such information with information obtained from other sources (including third parties), like demographic information and updated contact information (where that information has been lawfully disclosed to us), for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content.
Accepting & Blocking Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser options so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of our Websites will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing some of our content.
If you wish to adjust your cookie settings or block non-essential cookies, click here.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. When turned on, these features send a signal (“the DNT Signal”) to websites indicating you do not want to be tracked. Adviser Investments does not recognize the “do not track” signals that some browsers may employ as no uniform standard for responding to such signals has been developed at this time.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Websites—on which a link to this Policy appears—contain links to third-party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We also allow you to connect with other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites and services and you should consult the other third-party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
We have put in place reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect from and about you. However, no system can be completely secure and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not happen. Although we take reasonable measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that your personal information or other information will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
Notice to California Consumers
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Adviser Investments to third parties for the third parties’ direct-marketing purposes. To make such a request, please click here or call (800) 492-6868.
Our Websites are not intended for users under the age of 13, and Adviser Investments does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 is permitted to access or use our Websites or to provide Adviser Investments with personal information except as provided by their parents during the course of seeking investment management services.
Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of our Websites may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or its implementation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Policy was last updated on April 1, 2020.