As volatility returns to U.S. and foreign stock markets, we remain optimistic, albeit less so than in past quarters, about the potential for gains over any meaningful investment timeline. This webinar is a valuable opportunity to hear from our chief investment strategists—Chairman Dan Wiener, Chief Investment Officer Jim Lowell, Director of Research Jeff DeMaso, Senior Vice President, Fixed Income Chris Keith and Equity Research Analyst Kate Austin—as they discuss critical subjects for investors like you and how known and unknown factors at home and abroad may continue to cause turbulence and provide opportunities.
- Third-Quarter Review
- Market Volatility and Drawdowns
- What’s in the Wall of Worries?
- The Siren Song of Double Digit Returns & the Length of the Bull Market
- Bond Investing When Interest Rates Are Rising
- Market Cycles and Foreign Stocks
- Market Fundamentals Today
- Why No One Has a Clue
- Review of Bond Yields, the Earnings Picture and Poll Results
- What parts of the market might have better returns going forward? Health care, large caps, tech stocks or something else?
- What’s the right mix of stocks, bonds and cash for a retirement portfolio? How does one deal with less time to recover from a loss as they age?
- Does it make sense to stay in bonds as a hedge since they are joining stocks in a downward move?
- What is your current outlook for “high-dividend” stocks and your outlook for them going forward?
- Are we in a “late-cycle” economic environment now?
- What’s the wisdom of adding to a bond allocation now?
- What’s the impact of the midterm elections and politics in general on the markets?