Keeping Your Investments Safe Online
The internet makes life convenient—last year more than ever. During the pandemic, it became a lifeline as we sheltered in: Working, schooling, shopping and video calling family and friends from home instead of going about our normal lives.
However—without precautions—your online habits can put your personal information and financial accounts at higher risk of fraud.
Internet scams and security breaches are nothing new, but they have grown in number and complexity. In 2020, the pandemic spawned a new series of swindles taking advantage of people’s fears about the coronavirus. And cybercriminals also kept up their efforts to separate the unprepared from their personal info and money with older, proven schemes.
So how can you safely manage your life online? Our 5 Cybersecurity Tips is a handy reference guide to:
- Identifying COVID-19 fraud and other common scams
- Establishing safer email habits
- Making your social media profiles less susceptible to social engineering
- Keeping financial accounts protected and communicating securely with your advisers
- Avoiding “ransomware” attacks
- … and more!
To get your free copy of the guide, fill out the form on this page now!
For more on how to protect your information and financial accounts, please see our Investor Protection Checklist.